Plastic Straw Ban
It's Official, as of May 2018 all Deep Cove Businesses have officially banned plastic straws. We are so proud to be a part of this movement and are hopeful that the rest of North Vancouver will follow suit shortly.
Top things to do in North Van
- Quarry Rock is a nice hike, but have you tried dog mountain or mystery lake yet? If you're feeling really fit try Elsay Lake. The parkland/greenspace footprint of the cove is 6 times larger than the residential area. That is unheard of in modern day town planning. Get out and enjoy it!
- The famous writer Malcolm Lowry lived in Cates Park. There is a beautiful walk named after him, perfect for a stroll with your K9 pal, or a friend.
- Bluhouse Market and Cafe Orso are somewhat great additions to our little community. Bluhouse offers delicious savoury and sweet crepes as well as fantastic vegan options. Cafe Orso offers a delicious meat and cheese board, and great breakfast items like savoury waffles. Best of all, they both have amazing coffee.
- Have you been to Deep Cove Brewery and Distillery? They offer delicious snacks and a great ambiance to try their products. Some nights they even Entertain with live music.
- Bridge Brewery has recently moved near to Seylynn Park. They have a beautiful new room that really accents their delicious brews. This is a must see for the beer lovers.
- Browse Ahoy goods, Room 6, Sunnyside and LaLa's. Great little stores located in Deep Cove, perfect to find a present for anyone in the family.
- Deep Cove Canoe and Kayak gets very busy in the summer. We suggest making reservations with them early. The best way to see Deep Cove? Out on the Water.
- Want your kids to try their hand at wake boarding? Liam Phillips has been on the water his entire life, and runs Cove Water Sports and holds classes for kids. It's a great way for them to interact, be social and learn to be comfortable on the water.
- If you have never been to Lonsdale Quay Market, you are missing out. Great little artisan shops all throughout, an upstairs area with a playroom and stores for kids and Green Leaf Brewery with its awesome patio! Not to mention the gorgeous park right near by and the amazing views of downtown Vancouver.
- You can spend a full day at Capilano Suspension Bridge and Edgemont Village. With their new attraction, tree top adventures, it's thrilling and an amazing way to see the beauty of B.C. At Christmas time it is a must go for families as they decorate for the season.